Thursday, June 09, 2016

Funny Friday Photos: Drugged Up Cheetahs?

Happy Friday!

I apologize for skipping last week. It was Friday before I realized I'd forgotten to make a post, and so I went with it. I hope everyone has had a good couple of weeks, though!

My big news for the week is that I am starting a new position on June 20th. I'm returning to social work and will be working with the aging population this time. I am sad to leave the school/library, but a woman's got to do what a woman's got to do. Plus, I think I'll really enjoy this position and working with a new population. My initial plan when I was in school was to do gerontological social work, so now's my chance!

Writing has been at a standstill. I've been trying to decide if I want to continue with self-publishing or just write as an unpaid hobby. Writing as a hobby entails truly letting go of my dreams of ever being a financially successful writer, but maybe that's what needs to happen. I can't decide, and so I've been avoiding that whole area of my life - from editing to social media.

Anyway, I think I need some funny photos, and I hope you do too!





Caption by Chris10a

Caption by Sirnottaguy-Imadad
Note: Drugs are not funny, although this meme and gif is!





Pun!

By LOLDogexpert

Have a great weekend!

I think my favorite is the cheetah. It's got to be on something...not LSD, but something!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new job! That is awesome. I totally understand your writing dilemma. As you know, I've been in that "stuck" place for a couple of years, trying to figure it all out. I pick and play with ideas these days, but don't get much writing done except at work, which is where I pour all my energy these days. My husband, kids, grandkids, friends, family, co-workers, etc., all get the best of me whether they want it or not. Whether the muse just wants to continually tickle my fancy or help me at work, with freelance writing gigs or future novel publication, I'm not sure. There are so many other exciting things in my life that I don't want to squander time on any unrewarded pursuits. Despite it all, I still dream of a day when my creative writing world would all come together like I wish it would. I always love hearing of your pursuits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Cindy! Yeah, I guess writing truly is a journey, and like many things in life, uncontrollable. We just get to go along for the ride, so we might as well enjoy the scenery! Thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete
  2. Best of luck with your new position. Working with the elderly can be a challenge. I'll be pulling for you. After a hard day on the road, I have often felt like that cheetah! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always believed I get along best with the really young, or the really old. I've always struggled with those my own age. I see a lot of similarities between both populations, because they have a lot of the same vulnerabilities. It's definitely going to be interesting!

      Delete
  3. Oops. As for your writing. I would vote for keeping at it with self-publishing. But take it slowly and work it into your new schedule. You never know when you might attract lightning. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, now that I have the job I have, as long as everything goes well at it, I can fund self-publishing better, so maybe I will continue with self-publishing. Such a hard decision, especially when thinking about return on investment...

      Delete
  4. Yay for the new job!

    I hope you just keep writing. Whether it's self-publishing or just for fun and on Wattpad. Either way, I'll be there to read those stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzi! I'm glad you like my stories. I'll definitely be writing, although I guess I'll be pretty slow at it. :P

      Delete
  5. There's nothing that says a decision made now has to be a permanent one. It's really hard to concentrate on writing when you're learning a new job. Perhaps it's just time for a break. I'm sure once you get used to your new job and your life gets a bit calmer, you'll be ready to tackle writing again. And maybe if you tell yourself it's just for you, you'll be happier writing. Later, if you decide to self-pub, that's up to you.

    I loved these, esp the carrot dance off and the freaked-put shark. The one about Bumblebee made me laugh the hardest though, so I vote for that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true, Lexa. You are so wise. I tend to feel fickle because I'll make a decision and then change my mind, or not meet a goal, or all those kinds of things. But, maybe it's just the way it is, and I can take all that energy and put it somewhere productive, instead of feeling negatively. This last year has been one about acceptance, and I seem to still be on the learning curve. :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...