Thursday, February 26, 2015

Funny Friday Photos: Physics Addiction

Guess what day it is!


That's right!

I don't know about you, but this weekend totally snuck up on me. I'm sure happy it's here though!

Let's get started with last week's winner:



Are you ready for the new ones? Here you go!


I'd think the camera was on its side, except for the goats in the background.


He looks so dignified--until you see the birdie.


I've been hanging with my kids too much again...





An introvert's daily struggle.

This gave me a giggle. Actually, though, I wish I was a physicist.

Here's the puns for the week!


Have you ever seen A Clockwork Orange? My mom saw it and I don't think I want to.

A different kind of snowman.

Do you have any fun plans for the weekend? We're supposed to get a ton of snow (we'll see, Wyoming weather is notoriously unpredictable), and BBC America is running Doctor Who all day Sunday, so that's my plan. Write on Saturday and watch Doctor Who on Sunday. I'll probably write on Sunday, too, but rather distractedly.




On Wednesday I was picking up my boys from school, and Boy 2 pointed into a dark hallway.
"Do you know what I think is down there?" he asked.
"No, what?" I said.
He gave me a knowing look. "Vashta Nerada, that's what."
It's times like those that make me such a proud geek mom.

My favorite this week is a tie between the Wombutt and the Physics Addiction.

What's your favorite?

12 comments:

  1. The wombutt is pretty cute. :)

    I haven't seen/read Clockwork Orange, but I'd heard of it. So I looked it up. The book looks good, but the movie just seems weird. It's hard to put the two together after seeing the trailer because the trailer is so vague and well... weird. I might have to watch it though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom told me about a scene in Clockwork Orange that totally ruined the song Singing in the Rain for her. It's twisted enough I figured I didn't need to see it. I've seen three movies that left me disturbed after them - Seven, The Counselor, and 8MM, and don't want to add to the list. Let me know if you thought it was as disturbing as my mom did, though. I'm curious if, since it's such an old movie that it's lost it's icky-ness.

      Delete
  2. Yup, the wombutt's got it! :D But those are some crazy mountain goats! Had a little shiver at the clockwork orange. Had to read that in school, and, being quite new to Canadian culture, and being very impressionistic, it scared the living daylights out of me. That and 1984! Oh, and Day of the Triffids. A French teacher used to read it on Fridays instead of teaching French lessons. She used to encourage us to put our heads on our desks and close out eyes and listen. Tell you what, no one missed her Friday class because that book was so riveting. I've never had the slightest interest in seeing any of these three movies because I always felt they couldn't come within a million miles of the books. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so uncultured, because I've not read any of those. Maybe I should be glad!!

      Delete
  3. Mistakenly watched "A Clockwork Orange" 40 years or so ago and hated it. However, I did think the photo was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The goats are amazing but the funniest is Planck, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol...it wasn't until I saw one of the comments that I saw it says "wombutt" instead of "wombat."

    Speaking of Doctor Who...I had never seen it until I started watching it on Amazon and Netflix. It's a lot of fun, although in a way I'm kinda looking forward to getting fully caught up. I spend more time watching it than I probably should ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the fellowship! I understand about wanting to be caught up, but I find myself (even after having seen most of the newer ones - Eccleston to Capaldi) still watching the shows whenever I get the opportunity. They're just that enjoyable!

      Delete
  6. Wombutt! Wombutt! So adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...