Friday, June 20, 2014

Funny Friday Photos: A Little Bit of Everything

Happy Friday!

I hope everyone's week went well! My week was filled with appreciation for living in Wyoming in June, and missing my sister. I think Father's Day was the beginning of a perfect storm of events that culminated in feeling a little sad this week.

But, while there's something beautiful about grief, it's no fun living in it (for the grievers or those around the grieved). As gratitude is an automatic feel-better, I also focused on how beautiful Wyoming is in June. The weather is cool, the rolling hills are green and my yard is filled with yellow, pink and purple wildflowers. I wish you could see it, but when I take pictures it doesn't look nearly as beautiful as in real life.

Instead, here's a picture of the rainbow that appeared on my way home last night. It came right before the sun set and was fiery red. It's the first full rainbow I've seen in a long time.

No filter - isn't the grass a beautiful green!

The other side. And the top of my car...Sorry.

All right, let's move on to funny photos! Last week's favorite was:


And the new ones.















Vegetarian cat.


You can't tell me you've never thought of this.


Half-off! Get it? Huh? Huh?

Another one that always comes to mind when I hear the word "carrion." Sorry it's a gross picture, though.




I'm spending the week visiting with my mother, nephew and my boys, so I'm not going to have a post next Friday. I think she deserves my full attention for a week (insert winking emoticon here.) I will have a post the week after (the Fourth of July!), though, so I hope to see you then!

I loved all the puns, but the brain-freeze dog keeps making me laugh so I guess he's my favorite this week.

Did you have a favorite this week?

6 comments:

  1. I liked the cat owl. :)

    The rainbows are so pretty. I love them. Last night I got to appreciate something like that too. Our living room faces west, and although you can't see the sun totally set cause of the houses, when the sky gets those pretty blues/pink/orange during sunset, then we can see that. Same with the sunrise.

    But those people whose houses face north don't really see that cause most of their windows face north and south.

    So I'm glad we face west and I can see those colors when they light up the sky.

    Okay. Done rambling now. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sad owl. Maybe not funny, but too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, love that brain freeze one. So funny. But isn't that cat adorable for bringing leaves in as a gift? You always find the best pics. :)

    And, yes, Wyoming is beautiful in the spring when the hillsides are green. Same here. By July/August it will all be brown, but it will be so hot I won't be outside to notice it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great visit with your mom. My fave pics are yours! I've never seen red rainbows before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay - I already left a comment and then it disappeared and now I don't know what to do! AHHH! So, here's another... just to be safe! First...the rainbow pics are amazing! Absolutely beautiful scenery. I didn't know you lived in Wyoming - IOR, I forgot! LOL. Who knows! And I am definitely voting for the cat owl. HA! That one is still making me laugh!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...