Friday, August 30, 2013

Funny Friday Photos and Color Wielders Release and Cephalopod Coffeehouse

Happy Friday! We made it to the weekend, and another round of funny photos!

As I'm sure you can tell by the title, I have some extra "stuff" going on this week. First, my blog post about "It's Just Books" was featured on the Passive Voice yesterday. Although the comments here and the comments there are as different as a warm summer rain and midwinter in Antarctica, I am still extremely honored to have been featured on the blog.

Next, I have joined the Cephalopod Coffeehouse, which is the brainchild of the Armchair Squid. It's a reading bloghop in which I get to share the best book I read in the month. During August I've been devouring The Eye of God, the new thriller by James Rollins. Sigma Force is at it again, fighting to save the world and overcome the bad guys. What I really like about this book, besides getting to hang out with my favorite characters and read James Rollins's superb writing, is how the story line is put together. Instead of being linear, there are two tracks in the beginning which converge around the middle and then continue on together. This really upped the tension and curiosity kept me turning pages long after I really needed to go to bed. Highly recommended!


And at last, before the funnies, I'd like to share Dawna Raver's great news about the re-release of her debut novel, The Color Wielders. Please be sure to stop over at this post and get registered for the giveaway and learn more about the Facebook party and other fun planned for her re-release party!




Thanks for sticking with me! Last week's funniest photo was:

A three-way tie! So, just go look at them all again if you want to relive the fun.

Here's this week's photos.






















And a punny X-Men joke:


My favorite is "What ball?"
Which is your favorite?

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for voting! The deer with the ball in its antlers just looks so perplexed. It's a perfect caption. :)

      Delete
  2. The Eye of God sounds an interesting book to read. Another one to add to my ever growing TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many books, so little time, huh? :) It seems like I find a new one every day, at least, that I want to read!

      Delete
  3. It is always impressive when an author can effortlessly weave different threads through their stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like he tried something new, and was very successful with doing it. :)

      Delete
  4. Lol, I let Robert see the funnies and now he's talking lounge lizard to me! :) That's got to be our favourite, even though I love the husky/wolf one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover for Colour Wielders is great!

    My favorite picture is either the cat with the tiny stuffed cat or the lounge lizard. :D I hope you have a great weekend, Lara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole! I hope your weekend went well, too!

      Delete
  6. How I want to die is my favorite. It is not uncommon for me to find myself draped in cats.

    Any book that keeps you up at night - in a good way - is worth reading. So glad you've joined us, Lara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to be a part of the Cephalopod Coffeehouse! Hopefully next time I can hop around more!

      Delete
  7. Haha! Lounge lizards, and How I Want To Die.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm voting for How I Want to Die just because the kittens are so cute! SIX kittens! It's a kitten invasion! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their little faces are so intent, too. It's too adorable - a person could die of squee.

      Delete
  9. Really, "What Ball?" is the only one that got to me this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn, David! Maybe next week I'll get you with more, then. :)

      Delete
  10. "What ball?" made me think of Gary Larson's animal nerds cartoon :D In case you haven't seen: a bunch of wolves are stalking two deer (looking like the ones in this picture, sans ball). The animal nerd comes up and says, "Hey guys! Whatcha doin'?" alerting the deer and blowin' it for his wolfie buds.
    Love the Far Side almost as much as Calvin & Hobbes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so miss the Far Side. Those were some of the best cartoons.

      Delete
  11. I liked "What ball?" as well - reminded me of how my best mate in high school and I would stuff our faces with food or put ribbons on our head or do any number of other wacky things, and then say, "What problem?" while still in mid-weirdness. hehe

    I haven't read any James Rollins. He sounds great! Adding to TBR :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friends are the best! It sounds like a cute joke, too. :) Oh, James Rollins writes fantasy under the name James Clemens, if you like fantasy...

      Delete
  12. The James Rollins book sounds intriguing! And the Slug Parkour is pretty darn funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Nan! Thanks for dropping by! I'm loving the Eye of God. It has been quite an interesting book!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...