Friday, May 24, 2013

Funny Friday Photos

Happy Friday and Memorial Day Weekend! I love Memorial Day Weekend. Visiting and decorating the graves of my loved ones is like Christmas time for the dearly departed. I get to show my continued love and buy presents of pretty wreaths to fancy up their final homes. Visiting the graves of my Italian immigrant uncles and aunts connects me to my family history, too. It's kind of awe-inspiring to imagine their lives and remember the stories handed down to me by my grandmother.

Today I am the featured author on Laurie's Paranormal Thoughts and Reviews. I am so excited! If you want to know what's on my bucket list, learn more weird things about me (I'm a never ending source of weird) or want to read an excerpt of Finding Meara, come on over and visit Laurie's blog.

All right! Last week's winner for funniest photo is:



And here are this week's photos!





I have no clue why this cracks me up so much.
















And here is the pun for the week. My son came up with the joke and drew it, all by himself (he's 7). I couldn't resist sharing it with you. I, of course, think he's super-clever. Don't feel you have to be impressed, though. :)

Those are beds, btw. Can you see the mattresses?


My vote for funniest this week (besides my son's) is the dog with the ball. It's so funny how amazed they are that you didn't throw it.

Which is your favorite photo?
Do you do anything for Memorial Day?

17 comments:

  1. The hypnotoad, dog and ball and the lazer pointer make a three way tie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had trouble, too. The laser pointer was too cute!

      Delete
  2. I'm the dumbest critter - it took me forever to get they're bugs in the shape of beds! Funny!

    All your pics this week are so funny. Like a Find Waldo pic, it took me a while to find "Waldo" in the pic with the shoes. I was like, Why is she putting up a picture of shoes? lol

    Too funny! My vote is for the 2 cats in the tree who look like soldiers with their combat helmets on, about to do battle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I kind of wondered if it might be one of those things only a mother could love, but you should have seen how proud he was to be on my blog! Both of my kids have intimate knowledge of blogs, comments, Facebook and followers. I haven't decided if I'm doing a bad thing or not. :)

      Delete
  3. I like the cats in a tree. That's funny. We're just gonna go down to my parents' lake cabin, but probably on for 1 day cause it's not nice here. Starting to rain now. Cool windy & possibly rainy all weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been foggy and rainy here, too. Maybe that's what's headed your direction. I hope you get to have fun at the lake!

      Delete
    2. Somehow neither fog nor rain is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Wyoming.

      Delete
  4. Oh these are so funny! Thanks for sharing the photos :) Oh the dog.."How the hell is the ball still in your hand" ..ROTFL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cecilia! I'm glad you like the photos! I love the dog's face, too!

      Delete
  5. Like Lexa, it took me a minute to spot the cat in the bag - funny. But I have to vote for the one with the laser pointer - three species entranced by one tiny red dot!

    My family usually goes to my parents' lake trailer (the built-on porch is bigger than the actual trailer!), but this year I'll be stuck in my writing cave trying to finish up an entry for a contest. I'll try to pop outside at some point for some sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get out for a little sun! Good luck with the entry! I keep thinking I should really focus on writing this weekend, but then there's so much outside stuff to do, too! You have excellent discipline!

      Delete
  6. Gotta go cat, dog, and boy watching pen-light. :-) Lots of good ones this week, though. Thanks, Lara, and happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Signs the birds are back. Birds get very fussy when the cats are out. Enjoy your holiday, Laura. A tradition like yours is meaningful, and I'm regretful to say I don't have that tradition. The graves are well over 100 miles away. I'm going to the theatre and the other days of the weekend, I'm getting together with a friend or two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bedbugs get my vote, and please tell him that. ;) 2nd place is Soon, and dog w/ball. Inquiring Mouse gets an "aw".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why am I always alone here. I thought the hamster was by far the funniest. Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hypnotoad wants me to vote for him and I can't help but obey his mesmerizing stare...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Lara:)

    Long time no hear/see :)

    Congrats again on the release of FINDING MEARA and great to see the improved site and I *loved* your interview over at Suzi's site.

    PS. So awesome that you go out to decorate your family gravesites. That's a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...