Friday, February 10, 2012

So Many Fun Things to Do!

There are so many wonderful, fun activities going on in the blogging world lately!  I have just signed up to participate in the Fourth Writer's Platform Building Campaign, created by Rachael Harrie at Rach Writes.


I decided the Campaign was something I wanted to do when I read "The Campaigners are all people in a similar position, who genuinely want to pay it forward, make connections and friends within the writing community, and help build each others' online platforms while at the same time building theirs."  


I believe in supporting others, and really appreciate it when people are supportive of me.  I've never been one for forcing myself on people, and the whole concept of platform building has always been a little scary.  The idea of mutual support and community building warms my social worker heart, and makes me feel a whole lot better about the process of platform building.


Plus, the Campaign is highly recommended on the blogs of several of the people I have become acquainted with through other means (David Powers King, Mark Koopmans, Nick Hight).  I am looking forward to the start of the Campaign, the challenges and getting to know like-minded bloggers!  If you want to join in, head over to Rach Writes, and sign up. The list will close on Wednesday, February 15th, so be sure to get over before then!


Besides that, I have the "It's Getting Hot in Here" Blog Hop on Valentines day.  I think you can still join up over at Cassie Mae's Reading, Writing and Lovin It.  She and Hope Roberson are co-hosts. There's a ton of people participating and it should be a whole lot of fun.


You also may have noticed a new Blog Hop badge over there ---> in the margin.  It's Mark Koopmans "Got Green?" Blog Hop!  The linky list will officially open from March 12 to March 16, then on the 17th (St. Patrick's Day) we all share what St. Patrick's day means to us - any traditions, foods, memories or future plans of Ireland.  The total word count is 333 words, and there are prizes involved, so head over there on March 12th for some good old "Oirish" fun.  


Because of all the fun blog activities, I am finding that I am not exactly paying that much attention to writing fiction, or editing. So, once I post this post, I am going black for the weekend, and am going to be focused on editing, and doing a little creative writing.  I don't dare get on the computer, or I will easily spend several hours socializing by blog hopping, and tweeting.  So, I will see you all on Sunday night at the earliest!  Have a great weekend!

25 comments:

  1. That Irish one sounds fun to me especially this year, since I'm visiting Ireland for the first time! Actually, I leave on the 18th, the day after this Blog Hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh - I'm so jealous! I have always wanted to go to Ireland, Scotland and England. I hope you take lots of pictures and share!

      Delete
  2. Ooo, I'm totally in for the Irish one. As well as the It's Getting Hot in Here.

    And I will be editing today too! Go us for being productive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you got a lot of editing done! I am not sure what a lot is, but I am further along than I was, so I guess I'll be happy.

      Delete
  3. I hear ya girl! So many things going on. I took a break from the conference today and came to the library to write! It's great to get some writing done, but I love participating in the HOPS too! I'm not doing the campaign this time, but I will next time for sure. And I'm excited about Mark's hop! It's going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like hops too much. :) It became obvious when I spent the whole afternoon Friday on the computer. I made it a goal to join six blog hops this year, and at the end of Feb. I'll have done three of them!

      Delete
  4. I was a Campaigner last September. I haven't decided yet for this go around, but I highly recommend it. It helped me get my blog off the ground by boosting the number of my followers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know, Gary! I wasn't real sure about it, but so many people speak highly about it, I thought it would be worth a try! I am excited that I'll get to meet and network with people outside of my current blogging circle!

      Delete
  5. Hope you had a productive weekend away from the Internet tubes! I did the last campaign with Gary. I decided to take time off right now as I gear up for A to Z and fast finish up my memoir. Happy writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacy! I think I had a productive weekend. The only thing that was a detriment was that my kids got sick. Even still, I got a lot of editing done, and am adding words to the manuscript, so I feel better about all the stuff I need to delete.

      I planned to the the A to Z, and then decided to do the Campaign instead. I don't think, with my goal to get my manuscript edited before June, that I can swing the A to Z. It sounds like a lot of fun, and I will plan for next year, but right now I think I'd totally lose April to blogging! Have fun, though. I'll be stopping by regularly to read your posts!

      Delete
  6. Welcome on the campaign trail :) Just followed you, look forward to getting to know you and your writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise! I'm looking forward to the next several weeks! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Hello from the campaign! Looking forward to getting to know you more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello from a fellow campaigner. It's good to meet you, and thanks for following me. This is also my first campaign, and I look forward to getting to know you better. Have a great weekend writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow back :) I think the campaign is going to be a lot of fun!

      Delete
  9. Hi Lara,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! It is nice to meet all these new people and blogs, I agree!

      Delete
  10. Hi. I'm a Campaigner too, Science fiction, for the first time, and signed up for your blog. Come on over and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lara, I've just come over from the campaign to say hello, I'm actually in with you in both the Urban Fantasy and Sci-Fi group! It's nice to meet you :) I have to say I got a little side tracked with your fish on the side bar there and couldn't help feeding them a little too much lol!

    I look forward to your future posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Sue Ann and Patricia! I'm so happy you introduced yourselves. Patricia, you aren't the first to get stuck with the fish. My kids love them! If they see me on the blog page, they make me let them each have a turn! I'm looking forward to getting to know you both a little better through the campaign. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lara I also have the fish! Welcome to the campaign!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of look around to see who else on blogger has fish, and then sign up as a kindred spirit! Something about them makes me happy, not sure what...

      Delete
  14. Dropping by to say hello =)

    I was in the 3rd Campaign, had lots of fun then even though I managed to take part in only challenge (first test week of University). I'm terribly shy even on the internet so the Write Campaign gives a reason to comment on people's stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by and saying "hi"! I try to hide it, but I definitely have social anxiety every time I hit "publish" on comments. I always think I sound stupid, but decided to just go with the flow, and hopefully people will appreciate the effort, even if the comment seems a little odd. :) I'm glad to get to do another challenge with you!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...