Friday, February 17, 2012

I Get to Join the Tagging Game!

I was tagged twice by two Fourth Campaigners - once by Hildred at Musings of a Procrastinating Writer and once by Colleen at Colleen's Write Brain.  After answering their questions, I get to tag some other Campaigners, which might be difficult because it seems like everyone's already been tagged!



Musings of a Procrastinating Writer - Hildred
1.  What is the single most annoying trope that makes you want to claw your eyes out? 
I am not sure what all the tropes are, but the word trope is really annoying to me.  I once got a rejection saying my trope was overdone, or something like that, and I totally had no idea what he was talking about.  It seemed like he just wanted to sound literary.
2.  If you could alter history and claim credit for any book ever written, what would it be?y book ever written, what would it be?
Nothing comes to mind.  Maybe anything Dean Koontz has ever written?
3.  How many kids were in your HS graduating class?
Just over 100
4. If you were guaranteed massive success either way, would you rather traditionally publish or self-publish?
Self-publish
5. What's the most you've ever paid for an article of clothing...for yourself?
$200.00 for my wedding dress
6. Singer, Model, or Actress - who you gonna be?
Model – once upon a time I wanted to be an Actress, but I don’t think I could do it now.  I’d love to be able to sing, but not in front of a bunch of other people (stage fright)
7. Chef, Driver, or Maid - who you gonna hire?
Chef
8. Bath or shower?
Shower
9. You're scheduling for a delivery to your house during normal business hours. What time do you request, and why?
4:00pm or later – I could be home without missing work.
10. Could you survive a whole year or more in a 
traditional Japanese apartment? (for the record, the one in the video is 10x nicer than mine, although mine is technically larger. Yay.)
I can survive many places, but I wouldn’t be very happy without my family.
11. Favorite Pokemon. And you can't cop out with "i dunno pokemon" 
because here's a link, pick the cutest one!
Oshawott – And I didn’t even have to look it up!  (other than how to spell it)

Colleen’s Write Brain - Colleen
1. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to? 
I’d love to have my maiden name back, and I’d go with Larissa instead of Lara (same name, different form).
2. Which Greek or Roman (or other culture's mythological) deity would you be (either who you'd like to be or who you most resemble)?
I always wanted to be Isis (Egyptian)
3. Would you like to marry a Vulcan?
Funny you should ask – Mr. Spock was my first crush when I was about four years old, so I guess I would!
4. Would you choose immortal life with the elves, or a human, mortal life with the one you love and a child-to-be?
Totally choose my current, mortal life.  Immortality would stink if everyone around you died.
5. If you had to write fan fiction, what fictional world would you choose to write in?
I can't think of any!
6. Do you believe in any conspiracy theories?
Not generally, but alien cover up theories make me wonder.
7. What do you consider your best quality?
My boss once said I’m guileless.
8. What do you consider your worst quality?
I’m pretty judgemental.  I try not to be, I promise.
9. Do you ever feel over-exposed on your blog?
I’m not sure of the question.  I keep my secret stuff pretty secret, but I am worried that people might be getting tired of hearing all this stuff about me.
10. If you were to reincarnate, what would you like to be?
Something in the fantasy realm – a unicorn, angel, elf, etc…  Not something earthly.
11. What is your biggest pet peeve?  
People not being compassionate.  I get tired of people being mean to each other.

My eleven questions are:
1.    Which imaginary/fantasy/sci-fi creature would you like as a pet.
2.    If you had access to a time machine, what time period would you like to get stuck in, and why.
3.    What is your favorite collection (as an adult or child)
4.    Favorite drink? (alcoholic or otherwise)
5.    If you had to choose, would your favorite be Star Trek or Star Wars?
6.    Favorite childhood toy?
7.    What is one of your guilty pleasures?
8.    Have you ever met someone famous? If so, who and where?
9.    Night owl or Rooster?
10.  High school - positive memories or negative memories?
11.  What made you happiest in the last week?

As far as my list of tagged individuals, I searched and found three people who didn't appear to be tagged.  Since I've spent all night on this blog post, I'm giving up at three.  Here they are:
** Roland D. Yeomans at Writing in the Crosshairs
** Scott at Written Words

Have a great weekend!


14 comments:

  1. At first I thought that said "$20,000" and was about to faint. So glad I caught that period there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, no, the only thing I'll pay $20,000 for is maybe a car. My whole wedding cost $2,000, and that was only because my mom wanted me to actually invite people. I was ready to do the Justice of the Peace thing! I'll admit, I am glad I gave in to her. :)

      Delete
  2. For the record, I never get tired of reading your blog :) Keep em coming! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelley! I like to read other people's interviews, it's nice to know people like to read mine, too. :)

      Delete
  3. I love your blog too! And I'm a HUGE Dean Koontz fan, he's my fav! Keep sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Hope! Dean Koontz is one of the authors I wish I could write like. The other is James Rollins/James Clemens (same guy, different genre). I would totally get starstruck if I ever met either one of them. James Rollins followed me back on twitter and I was so twitterpated! I know it wasn't particularly important to him, but I was excited!

      Okay, twitterpated is from Bambi, but it just occurred to me that in the sentence above it has a whole new meaning! :)

      Delete
  4. OMG - so fun! Love your answers! I would have to hire a maid tho. Although a chef would be wonderful too. That's a toss up!
    And you'll have to check out David Powers King's blog on Tuesdays. He has "Tuesday Tropes" and I learn so much. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah- I decided chef because I might lose some weight if someone else was in charge of the food! The maid was tough to give up, but I'm hoping the chef would do the dishes.

    I have been reading David's blog - it has been enlightening. I'm still a little confused on what exactly a trope is, though. Through David's blog, I've learned what some of them look like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers! I also find the word "trope" a little puzzling. I think the person who made up that word did a bad job, because it sounds a little too much like a lot of words that don't have anything to do with it (I think).

    Hee hee, Mr. Spock was also my first crush! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard the end of it (the Mr. Spock thing). My parents have a picture I drew of him somewhere. I never did like Captain Kirk, but Spock was so calm and had it all together. It's funny because that describes my husband!

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed reading the Q&A. What a great idea for the campaign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been fun. I like reading the questions other people come up with, just as much as the answers everyone gives!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for belatedly tagging me - you can find my answers here: http://kelworthfiles.wordpress.com/2012/02/25/the-joy-of-being-tagged-and-tagging/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sad you didn't get tagged before now! I spent forever trying to find people the night I did this post... I'm coming to read up right now!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...